Forging a two-way bridge between high schools and the university, this program brings PhD graduates into schools to teach STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education to high schoolers, while continuing their research at the university at the same time.
Through this unique educational approach, teens see the world of academia and research come alive before their eyes as they learn about cutting-edge research first-hand in real time.
- Brings high level scientific academic researchers into the school teaching system
- Exposes high school students to sophisticated technology and innovative scientific research
- Fosters engagement between high school students and some of the most brilliant academic minds in the country
- School children observe science experiments first-hand on the university campus
- Further strengthens ties between the University and the surrounding Jerusalem community
A Physics teacher-scholar wearing the two hats: teaching pupils and doing research in the lab.